August 27, 2021 10:00am
BLUEWATER BAY MARINA COMPLEX
IS UNDER A STORM CONDITION 1:
As of 10 am FRIDAY 27 AUG Tropical STORM IDA is forecasted to strengthen to a Category 3 Hurricane with a landfall into Louisiana.
We are not currently inside the cone of warning but the projected size, strength, forward movement, proximity to our location and uncertainty of forecast calls for preparation. There is currently a 10-20% chance of tropical storm winds as early as Saturday evening.
We will monitor the forecast throughout this event. The storm preparations should be started now for tropical storm conditions.
- YOU ARE REQUESTED TO REDUCE WINDAGE. REMOVE AND/OR SECURE BIMINI TOPS, DODGERS, ETC. SAILBOATS SHOULD REMOVE ROLLER FURLING SAILS AND REMOVE OR WRAP SAILS ATTACHED TO BOOMS.
- CHECK YOUR VESSEL FOR PROPER TIE UP, AND REFASTEN IF NECESSARY. THE FORECASTED WINDS WILL BE FROM THE EAST AND SOUTHEAST THEN CLOCKING TO THE SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST, SO FACING YOUR BOW INTO THE WIND IF POSSIBLE IS ADVISED. CONSIDER DOUBLING LINES. APPLY CHAFING GEAR.
- EXPECT DOCK POWER TO BE SHUT DOWN FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. REMOVE ITEMS FROM FRIDGE OR FREEZERS. BATTERIES SHOULD BE CHARGED.
- ALL PREPARATION SHOULD BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE STORM. NO MARINA PERSONNEL WILL BE REQUIRED TO HELP DURING THE STORM.
- CHECK GROUND TACKLE FOR POSSIBLE USE IN SLIP AS WELL AS PREPARING FOR AN EVACUATION.
- IF THE WATER IS FORECASTED TO RISE ABOVE THE DOCK YOU WILL BE NOT ALLOWED TO STAY ON YOUR VESSEL
- POSSIBLE EVACUATION COULD BE ASSIGNED TO THE FOLLOWING SLIPS:
A92 – 109 A24 – A32 A54 – A75
FOLLOWED BY THE REMAINDER OF A-DOCK IF NECESSARY.
PLEASE CHECK IN WITH MARINA OFFICE FOR FURTHER DETAILS